Equestrian NSW was established in 1951 and incorporated in 1990.
We are the peak body for horse sports in NSW and are the state body for Equestrian Australia which is the controlling body for horse sport nationally, they in turn are affiliated with the Federation Equestre Internationale (FEI), the governing body for horse sports world wide. ENSW also maintains affiliations with relevant state government and non-government agencies such as the NSW Department of Education, NSW Department of Sport and Recreation and the NSW Institute of Sport.
ENSW is a non-profit organisation. It comprises of individual members, affiliated clubs, consituents, coaches and officials. Membership throughout NSW exceeds 7000. There are over 3000 registered horses and over 100 Affiliated clubs offering EA competition. ENSWembraces the following six sports:
- Carriage Driving (an international sport)
- Dressage (an international and Olympic sport)
- Eventing (an international and Olympic sport)
- Saddlehorse (a national sport)
- Jumping (an international and Olympic sport)
- Vaulting (an international sport)
The ENSW office is situated on the lovely grounds of the Sydney International Equestrian Centre.